We have just returned from a fantastic trip to Sequoia National Park. We only went for a few days as we did not want to leave to dog for too long but we jammed a ton into those few days. I started to ask the kids their top 5 things that we did but the list extended to 10 quickly…here is their list:
- Horseback riding – think the kids particularly liked that my husband talked up getting Silver (the Lone Ranger’s horse) and then ended up with this super slow horse that just wanted to eat.
- Trip to Crystal Cave
- Seeing the bears
- Hiking up 2.4 miles and then almost 400 steps to the “top of the world” (Moro Rock)
- Seeing the giant sequoias
- Seeing the deer
- Family time (without internet and tv) – ok, that was mine:)
- Seeing a tree fall…thus the title of this post…on one of our hikes, on a windy day, a tree fell approx 30 feet up from where my husband and son were. They were covered in debris from it and the kids and I were a little shaken up by it. After bolting out of the forest after my daughter (never seen her move so fast), we gathered our composure and resumed the hike. And we were able to conclude that yes, a tree does make a sound:)
- Seeing a waterfall
- Seeing gorgeous views (again, mine:)
To also add, one of my favourites was seeing my daughter hop up on rocks to capture unique angles with her camera…I think that we may have a future Tot Shots shooter:). Very fun few days!
Can’t believe we are less than 2 weeks from starting school here and jumping into a very busy next few months. I have some awesome shoots coming up and am feeling refreshed and ready to go!